As with all our ‘legalities’ on this website, we have added some sub-headings to try and make the Policy easy to understand. If you have any questions, we would be happy to hear from you, so please call us on 01789 290703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Traditional Cycle Shop is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to safeguarding the integrity of your personal data. This policy explains how any personal data Traditional Cycle Shop collects from you, or that you provide to Traditional Cycle Shop, will be processed. We hope that it will answer any questions and allay any fears that you may have about these issues.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller at Traditional Cycle Shop is The Company Secretary of Traditional Cycle Shop.
Information Traditional Cycle Shop may collect from you
Traditional Cycle Shop may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website www.traditionalcycleshop.co.uk ("the Site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to Traditional Cycle Shop’s service, posting material or requesting further services. Traditional Cycle Shop may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Traditional Cycle Shop, and when you report a problem with the Site.
• If you contact Traditional Cycle Shop, a record may be kept of that correspondence.
• Traditional Cycle Shop may also ask you to complete surveys that it uses for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Pashley’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
Traditional Cycle Shop may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, and for system administration. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns of users of the Site, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Traditional Cycle Shop may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help Traditional Cycle Shop to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable Traditional Cycle Shop:
• To estimate the Site’s audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow Traditional Cycle Shop to customise the Site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to the Site.
Where Traditional Cycle Shop Stores Your Personal Data
Where Traditional Cycle Shop has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Pashley asks you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Traditional Cycle Shop will do its best to protect your personal data, Traditional Cycle Shop cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Traditional Cycle Shop has received your information, Traditional Cycle Shop will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
Traditional Cycle Shop uses information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Traditional Cycle Shop or which Traditional Cycle Shop feels may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out its obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Pashley.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to the Site and the Services Traditional Cycle Shop provides.
Traditional Cycle Shop may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and Traditional Cycle Shop may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, Traditional Cycle Shop will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, Traditional Cycle Shop will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want Traditional Cycle Shop to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Traditional Cycle Shop collects your data (the order form or registration form).
Disclosure of Your Information
Traditional Cycle Shop will not pass your personal information to any Third Party sellers. However, Traditional Cycle Shop may disclose your personal information to any member of its group, which means its subsidiaries, its ultimate holding company and its holding company’s subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Traditional Cycle Shop may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case it may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Traditional Cycle Shop or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If Traditional Cycle Shop is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply its Terms and Conditions of Supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pashley, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask Traditional Cycle Shop not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Traditional Cycle Shop will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Traditional Cycle Shop uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Traditional Cycle Shop at email@example.com.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of the partner networks, advertisers and affiliates of Traditional Cycle Shop. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Traditional Cycle Shop does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Pashley’s costs in providing you with details of the information it holds about you.